Researchers at the University of Missouri have found a way to create radioactive nanoparticles that target lymphoma tumor cells wherever they may be in the body. Cancers of all types become most deadly when they metastasize and spread tumors throughout the body. Once cancer has reached this stage, it becomes very difficult for doctors to locate and treat the numerous tumors that can ...
MOORE, Okla. - When animals are found in the rubble of the deadly tornado, rescue crews have been bringing them to Moore's Home Depot. Several people came in hopeful that even though they lost everything else, their pet would still be there alive and waiting. Scott Burkhart was'nt very optimistic and as he looked around at the cages full of dogs and cats, he saw no sign of his lost ...
No survivors or bodies have been found in Moore since Monday, the day a mammoth tornado ripped through 17 miles of central Oklahoma and pummeled 2,400 ...
Judge halts closing of Gordon Parks Elementary School Gordon Parks Elementary School can remain open at least through June. A circuit court judge on Tuesday granted a temporary stay sought by the school after state education officials voted last week to pull the schools ...
The names and places change every five days, but the story for James Shields has been mostly the same lately. He pitches deep into the game, shutting down the opposing lineup for seven or eight innings, and he doesn't get much to show for it. The Royals will have a chance to flip the script and reward Shields with a win Wednesday night against the Astros at Minute Maid Park. Shields has ...
58.5°F Mostly Cloudy
Winds: From the NW at 8.1 MPH Gusting to 8.1 MPH
A Walk to Remember
Having played the mean, popular cheerleader who makes life difficult for the awkward heroine in last summer's The Princess Diaries (2001), pop singer Mandy Moore now adds the opposite pole of the high school social spectrum to her resume with her role as Jamie Sullivan, a plain-Jane, goody-two-shoes preacher's daughter in A Walk to Remember. ...
The Missouri Legislature has voted to create an online database allowing businesses to check whether job applicants have a history of filing workers’ compensation claims. The House gave the bill final approval on a 91-67 vote. It now heads to Gov. Jay Nixon. Under SB 34, the Division of Workers’ Compensation would create a database searchable by name and Social Security number. The ...
Tornado suddenly forms over downtown and disappears, but not before wrecking several 19th Century buildings. Short-lived tornado strikes ...
KC@HOU: Moustakas' RBI single ties the game at 3 HOUSTON -- Finally. Kansas City's Mike Moustakas ended an 0-for-18 slump to drive in the tying run in the eighth inning, then George Kottaras drew a walk to force in the go-ahead run in a 7-3 victory over Houston Tuesday night at Minute Maid Park. The win ended a string of four straight frustrating one-run losses for the Royals. ...
WASHINGTON (AP) - Far-reaching legislation that grants a chance at citizenship to millions of immigrants living illegally in the United States cleared the Senate Judiciary Committee on a solid bipartisan vote Tuesday night after supporters somberly sidestepped a controversy over the rights of gay spouses. The 13-5 vote cleared the way for an epic showdown on the Senate floor on legislation that ...
MOORE, Okla. - With their house too damaged to stay in, and their car totaled, the Verges may seem unlikely candidates for the luckiest family in Moore, but that's exactly how they feel. When Monday's EF-5 tornado raced through the town, killing 24 and injuring hundreds, family members were scattered across the storm's path. Melody Verge was at home with her husband, planning to ...
On the record
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
The Westin Resort & Spa, Whistler, Canada
After getting off the Greyhound bus I trudged through the Whistler Village to the bottom of Whistler Mountain, and there ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Kansas City PostKansas City Post | Kansas City, Ks News Agency
We work strenuously to bring our readers a completely independent perspective of Kansas City news. Our software programmers, editors, journalists and affiliated wire services are all dedicated to producing the best journalism possible.
This in a world where conflicts of interest pervade business empires, and political dynasties, and where a shrinking number of media proprietors are growing their interests at the expensive of diversity of media ownership. The Kansas City Post is an independent online newspaper. Our focus primarily is to produce the latest breaking stories out of Kansas City.
We also cover the nation. Regional news too is a priority, as is our extensive world news coverage. For a Kansas City weather report, local news, breaking international headlines, or what's happening in sports, the Kansas City Post is for you.
Our Business Centre too is active 24 hours a day, bringing you the latest market updates from key global centres like Tokyo, Sydney, London, Paris, Berlin, and New York. Foreign exchange rates are a regular feature, and we provides a vast range of general interest news covering topics like business travel, seniors, womens interest, and lifestyle stories.
Researchers at the University of Missouri have found a way to create radioactive nanoparticles that target lymphoma tumor cells wherever they may be in the body.
Cancers of all types become most deadly when they metastasize and spread tumors throughout the body. Once cancer has reached this stage, it becomes very difficult for doctors to locate and treat the numerous tumors that can develop.
Michael Lewis, an associate professor of oncology in the MU College of Veterinary Medicine, stated that being able to target secondary tumors is vital to successfully treating patients with progressive cancers.
"Depending on the type of cancer, primary tumors usually are not the cause of death for cancer patients. If a cancer metastasizes, or spreads creating hard-to-find tumors, it often becomes fatal. Having a way to identify and shrink these secondary tumors is of utmost importance when fighting to save people with these diseases," Lewis said.
In an effort to find a way to locate and kill secondary tumors, Lewis, in collaboration with J. David Robertson, director of research at the MU Research Reactor and professor of chemistry in the College of Arts and Science, have successfully created nanoparticles made of a radioactive form of the element lutetium. ...
- GrubHub and Seamless to merge
- China may act againt EU wine imports
- Burger King confirm Kepak will supply restaurants with beef
- Restaurant manager hangs self after phoning co-worker he would do so
- Dishes of olive oil to be banned from restaurants The EUs gone mad
- ESPN layoffs 7000 workers as TV rights fees rise
- Choice of transport to workplace depends on where one lives
- Prosecutors Lowe paid employees who didnt work
- Entrepreneurs rev your engines Startup activity in U.S. at 13-year high
- Rail projects mean thousands of jobs
- New evidence supports theory of cosmic impact 12800 years ago
- Moon or Asteroid Congress Debates Best Pit Stop to Mars
- Russian Space Ark Returns to Earth with Animal Crew Some Mice Die
- Garcetti builds lead as L.A. picks new mayor
- Immigration bill heads to full Senate
- MARCUS Still Hating Breitbart
- LAMBRO From bureaucratic snafu to explosive cover-up
- FONTOVA Protecting sponsor of terrorism
- TIMMERMAN Irans free-election farce
- TAUBE The growing irrelevance of polls
- Wichita elementary teacher arrested for having gun at school www.privateofficer.com
- Parents meet with KC district leaders about Hale Cook reopening
- The Wichita homeless rush to the rescue of woman being attacked downtown
- Tornado among strongest storms to hit US
- Scam artists take aim at post-storm goodwill
- Dozens killed as tornado hits Oklahoma
- US president lauds Thein Sein for Myanmar reforms but urges end to violence against Muslims
- Oliver tops 110m hurdles at World Challenge Beijing
- FBI asked to track hate crimes against Sikhs
- T. rex cousin fed more like falcon than crocodile
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Kansas City Post headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Radioactive nanoparticles that target cancer cells developed
- He lost his house but he found Nemo
- Search for survivors winds down in Oklahoma
- Missouris season ends with 17-inning loss to Mississippi State in SEC tournament
- Royals try to change story support Shields in finale