Perhaps it's only fitting that the Royals and Indians will play a rubber game to decide their series on Wednesday night. Cleveland entered the three-game set with a half-game lead over Kansas City for second place in the American League Central and a .500 record. After the Royals' 2-1 win in the opener on Monday night, they took over second place with a half-game lead and a .500 ...
CLEVELAND (WEWS) - An exclusive Scripps investigation has uncovered concerns about the safety of a popular form of birth control. There are currently 2 million women using the Mirena intrauterine device (IUD). Scripps station WEWS investigators obtained complaint records from the Food and Drug Administration. They show there have been 70,072 complaints about the Mirena IUD since ...
Police are investigating a chase that ended with a crash in Kansas City, Mo., late Tuesday night. Officers said the suspect's vehicle crashed into innocent bystanders at Linwood Boulevard and Montgall Avenue. There were reports of injuries, but it's not clear how serious they were. Officers have not released what started the crash. Stay with KMBC.com for breaking news ...
GARNETT, Kan. - Law enforcement authorities in three states are on the lookout for an elderly Kansas couple after they left their home Monday morning bound for Illinois, but never showed up as expected. Vernon and Goldie Hunt left Garnett around 6 a.m. Monday and were expected to arrive Monday evening at the home of friends in Dwight, Ill. They were driving a black, 2005 Chrysler 300 automobile ...
INDEPENDENCE, Mo. - Police released photos of persons-of-interest in the case of a missing statue. Authorities say the "Pioneer Woman" statue was missing from the National Trails Museum Monday morning. It had been ripped from its granite base. Employees reported the theft. The statue, located at the back of the museum, was commissioned by community leaders. Anyone with information ...
Life of Pi
The majority of Ang Lees Life of Pi takes place on a lifeboat in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, but it has the visual grandeur and majesty of a film set in some fantastical afterlife or on a beautiful alien planet. Based on Yann Martels bestselling 2001 novel, the film purports to b ... ...
A Merriam man whose dream of becoming a United States Marine was put on hold after being diagnosed with cancer has seen it happen for him after ...
The mother of a man who died after police used a Taser while attempting to arrest him said she wants Kevin Ellis remembered as someone with a kind heart who struggled with the demons of mental ...
Crowds gathered at Rye to sample Terra Incognita. Boulevard teamed up a California brewery, Sierra Nevada, to create the limited-edition beer. Steven Pauwels of Boulevard Brewing Company said customers can savor it now or let it age. "The idea behind the beer is from two regions, Missouri and California," he said. "We aged some of the beer in wine barrels and some in whiskey ...
A man came into the Family Dollar store on U.S. Highway 40 just before 5:15 p.m. He showed a gun to a worker at the register and demanded cash. He left after getting some money. No one was injured in the robbery. Police said the man was wearing a red ball cap, a black jacket with a white or gray T-shirt, black shorts and black shoes. Investigators released a picture of the man and asked anyone ...
"You killed friends?" Bulger attorney Hank Brennan shot. "Yes," replied prosecution witness John Martorano. "Families?" "Yes." "Strangers?" "Yes." "Innocent people?" "Yes," said Martorano, who has admitted to 20 murders and who earlier served 12 years in prison on a government deal for his cooperation in the case ...
On the record
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
I caught a cab from the Belfast International Airport, and within about 10 or 15 minutes was at the Hilton ...Keep reading
Have Your Say
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
Kansas City PostKansas City Post | Kansas City, Ks News Agency
We work strenuously to bring our readers a completely independent perspective of Kansas City news. Our software programmers, editors, journalists and affiliated wire services are all dedicated to producing the best journalism possible.
This in a world where conflicts of interest pervade business empires, and political dynasties, and where a shrinking number of media proprietors are growing their interests at the expensive of diversity of media ownership. The Kansas City Post is an independent online newspaper. Our focus primarily is to produce the latest breaking stories out of Kansas City.
We also cover the nation. Regional news too is a priority, as is our extensive world news coverage. For a Kansas City weather report, local news, breaking international headlines, or what's happening in sports, the Kansas City Post is for you.
Our Business Centre too is active 24 hours a day, bringing you the latest market updates from key global centres like Tokyo, Sydney, London, Paris, Berlin, and New York. Foreign exchange rates are a regular feature, and we provides a vast range of general interest news covering topics like business travel, seniors, womens interest, and lifestyle stories.
Kansas University is reportedly threatening to close a twitter account that is entirely dedicated to pictures of women showing off their bosoms while donning the university's tops.
@Kuboobs, the account, which was launched in 2012 to raise breast cancer awareness and to support the uni's sports teams, called the Kansas Jayhawks, has more than 50,000 followers, Stuff.co.nz reported.
All the pictures posted on the website include just a cleavage and no face.
The warning of a shut down has enraged students and resulted in more pictures of boobs in support.
However, the University bosses are not outraged by the images of boobs but the fact that the account's owners have been selling 'KU Boobs' wristbands via their website, KUboobs.com.
The University is planning to use lawyers in the dispute to protect its trademark 'KU'. (ANI)
- College study says students from Ireland indulge in drinking more than others
- Exclusive Bengali thali restaurant opens in Kolkata
- Charles Saatchi confesses to assaulting wife Nigella Lawson in public
- Plastic bottle drinks may raise cancer risk in womb
- Doctors group urges ban on marketing energy drinks to youths
- 50pc fashion industry workers unhappy with jobs
- Emphasis will be on imparting skill development Shish Ram Ola
- Mass jobs losses as Greek state broadcaster ordered to reopen
- 145 500 platinum jobs at risk as costs squeeze profitability
- One-in-5 employees age 45-74 must quit work for caregiving
- Astronaut to give 1st lesson in space
- James Heat beats Spurs 103-100 in OT Game 7 next
- In Berlin Obama to renew calls for reductions to US Russian nuclear stockpiles
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Chinese Female Astronaut’s Birth Date Altered
- My view People deserve rights at our borders
- Letters Act on Alzheimers
- In our opinion New leader in Iran but changes not likely to come overnight
- Stalking The Elusive Worthy Apricot
- Ugly EBT truth wins out
- Wichita teacher arrested for carrying concealed gun speaks out www.privateofficer.com
- Kansas City police chase ends with crash into bystanders
- Merriam mans Marine dream survives cancer battle
- Mom Man who died after Taser shock fought mental illness
- Boulevard draws crowd for new brew debut
- Ex-Im Bank loan guarantee to Air India upheld by US appeals court
- Google spending $7mn to fight child pornography
- Aspen seeks to acquire GSK thrombosis drug and plant
- Shenzen to be first Chinese city to begin carbon trading
- UK inflation rises to 2.7pc in May pushed by higher transport cost
- Obama welcomes Iran's election of moderate president
- No breakthrough in talks between UK and Ecuador over Assange
- Leaders of G8 call for peace in Syria and pledge humanitarian aid
- Serena Williams sparks outrage with drunk not virgin comments on US teenage rape victim
- US Taliban to have direct peace talks
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Kansas City Post headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Royals turn to Mendoza in finale with Tribe
- Thousands of complaints about Mirena IUD
- Kansas City police chase ends with crash into bystanders
- Police seeking elderly Kansas couple
- PICS Statue theft persons of interest